How to write a paper
How to write a scientific paper in Hydrology?
In the last few years, the Hydrological Sciences (HS) Division of the EGU has organised a very successful short course during EGU, titled “How to write (and publish) a scientific paper in hydrology”. Each presentation has great tips for hydrology students from layout of your paper, what should go in each section and how the publishing system works from a number of internationally successful hydrologists. Below we include the links to the slides of these presentations:
- Slides by Dominic Mazvimavi (IAHS 2017)
- Slides by Ross Woods (EGU 2017)
- Slides by András Bárdossy (EGU 2016)
- Slides by Keith Beven (EGU 2015)
- Slides by Bettina Schaefli (EGU 2014)
- Slides by Niko Verhoest (EGU 2013)
- Slides by Guenter Bloeschl (EGU 2011)
- Slides by Demetris Koutsoyiannis (EGU 2010)
- Slides by Jeff McDonnell (EGU 2009)
The editorial team of Water Resources Research published a short instruction about how to prepare a really lousy paper.
Original article published on Young Hydrologic Society (link)