Posting your material
You can contribute to OzEWEX by submitting articles, adding events, submitting short posts with links to relevant websites or data sets, or posting a classified ad.
If you have not already, you will first need to create an account. Once you have, you can log in via the menu on this page and post your material by selecting an option from the User Menu. You post your material by hitting the “Save” button. You can always revise posts you wrote earlier by logging in and hitting the “Edit” button that should occur at the right top corner looking like this: .
What will happen to my post?
Posted events should appear in the event list immediately. Posting other material will first alert the site administrator, who will publish your post in the appropriate category, as well as on the ‘Featured’ page, if it would appear to be of wider interest.
How will people know of my new post?
A run-down of recent news, events, posts and classifieds will be sent to all OzEWEX members with a frequency that will depend on the number of posts and any timing. If you want people to know about your post as soon as possible, contact the site administrator.
What can I submit?
You have considerable freedom to post any material you believe is useful, but please follow a few simple rules:
- Avoid large fonts. The best way to post content is to past it first into an ascii text file editor and then copying it into the blog editor text area. That way the formatting is not copied across.
- Select the right category. You can select an appropriate post category or working group under the “Publishing” tab of the Editor screen when you submit your material.
- Avoid large images. Reduce any images you want to include in your posts to less than 500 kb or so out of consideration with those facing slow bandwidth.
- Be nice. Do not upload any material or links to material that contains:
- unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable material;
- unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, advertising, discussion or promotion of competitors, or any other form of solicitation;
- software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
The site administrator retains the right to change the layout and assigned category of your post and remove inappropriate material. If that has a substantial influence on your post you will be contacted about it first.
If you have any trouble posting or editing your material, or you spot issues with existing content, please contact the site administrator.